November 13, 2007

NaNo has stolen all of my time

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but ya know this thing called writing has taken all of my spare time.

When not writing, I've done some research on Wales. Not quite the expert, but I know loads more than I used to.

Like did you know that Welsh men are very vain? My husband is part welsh and that explains why when my sons were home I could hardly get into the bathrooms. I finally started putting my make up on where ever I could find a spot. The kitchen table, going down the road, in the middle of my bed, you do what you gotta do.

Mark is getting tired of my Wales trivia. If I start a conversation: "Did you know..." his eyes glaze over. Enough already.

My novel is about a woman writer who goes to Wales and gets stranded in the forest. Yeah, it's a romance. I haven't tried writing in that genre since I was a teenager. Typically, I write juvenile fantasy and because of that I couldn't resist putting in a crone who keeps leading my main character around by her curiosity.

Well, that's all for now, I better get back to my novel. Those words won't write themselves, although some authors swear they do. :o)

No comments: