April 26, 2007

Keeping a Blog

Keeping a blog has been pretty easy for me because I have the gift of gab. :o)

When I was a child I was often shooshed for talking too much. Now that I'm an adult I still talk quite a bit, but I am better about it, I think.

Being a talker can be helpful if you are a writer. If there are a hundred words going through your head you should be able to get a hundred words down on paper. They may not always make since or be something someone else would want to read but you got it down on paper.

Once you have words on paper, you can rewrite and weed out the unnecessary parts. If you're lucky, you'll have a polished gem worth selling to a publisher.

Next month, some friends of mine from Writer's Village University and I are going to have a private NaNoWrimo. We call it PriNoWrimo.

For those of you who may not know what that is, it's a month in which you write a novel, or in this case any written work, that totals 50,000 words.

They did it last year and I was too busy and didn't take the time to join them. This year I will not only join them but get my 50,000 words done.

I'm using my positive thinking here. :o)

No comments: