April 28, 2007

Nesting

Spring is in the air and everyone is feathering their nest. It's not just the birds. Go to any hardware store or domestic department of any store and you'll see people buying things to improve or redo their home.

I thought it was just me, but anywhere you go there's talk of painting or updating homes. Spring must be to blame. I can't think of any other reason. It's the season for renewal and animals aren't the only ones caught up in it.

Several yard sales I've been to were selling old plumbing and fixtures because they were replacing the old. One sale had bronze fixtures because she was going to chrome and just down the street her neighbor was selling chrome because she was going to bronze.

I told the second lady that her and her neighbor should have gotten together and traded. They could have saved themselves a hunk of change. She looked at me like I had a boil sprouting on my nose. Not everyone understands my humor.

We're nearing the end of our demolish and rebuild project. I'm still cleaning mortar dust out of every crack and crevice. That stuff gets into everything. And that's with tarp taped up over the doorways.

We just have tiling to go and the kitchen will be finished. There's still the bathroom to go but we won't talk about that.

The birds have it easy. All they have to do is build a nest out of a few twigs. :o)

1 comment:

choppersmom said...

Hey Pam - I understood your humor! In fact, I was thinking the exact same thing as I read about the fixtures! Who's better than your buddies, huh?

Love,
Trish