May 30, 2007

Year of the House

This will forever be remembered as the year of the house in our family.



My oldest son and his fiancee closed on their new home and moved in over the weekend. They are so happy they are giddy.



My sister-n-law, however, was not so lucky. Her home burned early Sunday morning. Her daughter, son-in-law, grand baby and their two dogs were visiting her. The humans all got out in their pajamas. The dogs didn't make it.



The house was a total loss. Even though the first floor was the only one burned, smoke and water damaged the rest.


My sister-in-law has good insurance and will be taken care of, but there are always those things money cannot replace. Pictures, children's artwork, heirlooms and memories.



My house being in disarray now seems trivial in comparison. I've often felt grumpy because the remodeling is taking longer than I thought it should. I've been self absorbed in my own troubles, not thinking about how lucky I am to have a roof over my head.


I could be living under a tree.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And while we're on the subject of being without a home, here's a burning question on everyone's minds.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: