November 30, 2007

Words of Advice

If it's raining, turn on your head lights. Just because you can see where you are going, doesn't mean others can see you.

Don't assume that gray haired, wrinkle faced woman is that child's grandmother. With modern science anything is possible, including geriatric moms.

Don't assume the person with very short hair and masculine looking clothes is a man. From the back who can tell. And don't call them sir. Kind of like, in the 70's we couldn't assume everyone with long hair were women.

Don't try to cook a meal after 3 tequila sunrises, especially if I mixed them. Just call out for pizza or eat a sandwich and don't let me make the sandwich. I mean don't let the person who drank the tequila sunrises make the sandwich.

If you buy fish, be sure to remember to take it in the house and refrigerate it. A couple of days in the back seat is not good.
What is that smell? Tequila sunrises weren't involved here.

Don't believe the young man at the electronics store who works on commission. Yes ma'am, this is our most simple car stereo system. The fact that the owner's manual was as thick as the Sears & Roebuck catalog should have been my first clue. Two years later, I still can't run the damn thing.

Borrow a twelve year old to program your electronics devices. Or my oldest son if you can catch him not busy. I thought they were supposed to be making our lives easier?

A dog wagging it's tail does not mean it's friendly. They will still bite. :o(

Don't assume little old ladies are harmless. I've seen footage and it ain't pretty.

Kids are nosey and they will listen to conversations you don't want them to. My kids know all kinds of stuff I thought I hid well.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Sometimes a little broke is better than really broke.

If your husband isn't qualified and doesn't have a license, don't let him near it. I saw a sign at a car repair shop that gave price quotes and if your husband tried to fix it the price was double. :o)

Some things just aren't worth arguing about. I mean really, who cares who wrote that song or where you eat dinner? Just enjoy the darn song and if you didn't have to cook it, it's all good.

No comments: