August 17, 2009

I Hate Mornings!

I am a terrible morning person. Unfortunately I live with two cheerful nuts that want to talk and ask me questions first thing in the morning. I just want to be left the heck alone.

This puzzled me and as you know my research crazed brain had to find out why I am such a bear in the a.m. I don’t even like myself. It’s really bad.

One particularly bad morning my husband asked me if I was pissed off because I had to wake up. Would I have been happier if I died in my sleep? I had to think about that one.

According to a few sites I found it’s due to low blood sugar. I knew I had this but I wasn’t aware being a butt in the early hours was a symptom. I had noticed that after breakfast and tea I am civil and can be asked ignorant questions like where is the bread or do we have any extra tissues. It’s best to not even look at me before I’ve had my sustenance. I’m not proud of it and really feel ashamed but at the same time can’t seem to help it.

I’ve heard them whispering about me, “Shh, whatever you do don’t ask your mother.”

Apparently not having any food for several hours causes the sugar levels to plummet and this makes us act ugly even to people we supposedly love.

I have conversations with myself about this, “Self, you really need to straighten up and be nicer to these people. They can’t help being silly creatures that can’t find anything. After all you hid the bread in plain open sight right there next to the toaster and you’ve only kept the tissues in the same place for fifteen years.”

Yeah, Self is a hard one to reason with. She even snapped at me the other morning. It’s really awful having to live with her but what do you do? She’s the one that does all the cooking around here.





Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning

No comments: